Highway 23 Revisited

You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

We're Getting the Blog Back Together

It's been awhile since I've done a post on here. Partially because I'd rather run and eat frosted animal cracker (cookies) in the evenings, but mainly because my wife has fabricated a sling that allows here to keep the computer in front of her for hours at a time no matter where she goes. Since my last post, a very fractured and disappointing musing on Tiger Woods' apology, probably because my 15 minutes of computer time had lapsed and I was getting pressured to stop trying to be Mark Titus, quite a bit has happened.

I went to my parents house for a weekend and slept on an air mattress with Jen and our dog (Harrison). Not as adorable as one may think.

I've ready 350 pages of "The Stand". Which is awesome so far, but I know that eventually it will suck like most Stephen King books. Don't read "Cell" by the way. It's retahded (in a New England accent).

I've watched 2 hours of the biggest circle jerk outside of ESPN's College Basketball Gameday television show (5 guys, really?) - The Oscars. We pay $9 a pop to watch these people act like someone else, then we have to watch them prance around like royalty in free clothes before telling them how awesome they are by giving them golden statues for being the best liars. Unless you're James Cameron, everyone indirectly called him a douche. By the way, Helen Mirren, you're not even Camilla Parker Bowles, much less Queen Elizabeth. Speaking of Ms. Bowles, how in the world did Prince Charles think she was hotter than Diana. British royalty kind of freaks me out. So do twins.

I ran 10 miles in 7 minutes/mile, and felt kind of old afterwards, which was not cool. I was planning on doing 12 -14 miles today (Saturday), but it's chilly and rainy. But, all of the frosted animal crackers (cookies) are gone, so we'll see how it plays out.

I started a Facebook page for my class reunion (being Class President seemed like a good idea at the time). I'm sure no one from South Point High School's class of 2000 has ever read this blog, but in case they do... Will someone please give me some feedback on a fall reunion?

Evan Turner hit a miraculous shot to beat M*ch*g*n at the buzzer yesterday (Friday). I, of course, was at work, but I had the espn.com GameCast open and refreshed it repeatedly until the final score came up and I simply stated, "What the hell?" outloud, to myself. My boss came over and was wondering if I had any questions about something (the guy has ultrasonic hearing). I just said minimized my screen quickly and said, "Nope, I'm good." Smooth.

We are going to a wedding today. A fellow Buckeye ChemE and former coworker is gettin' hitched in Dayton. Congrats Bobby. Life ain't all about phthalate catalysis and centrifugation of polymer exiting the bottom 180 of R202.

So there's an update. I know both people that read this will be thrilled.

2 comments:

  1. The stand really isn't that bad but yeeah you'll be disappointed. Even more disappointed than the movie. I miss gary sinise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can make it through 350 pages of "The Stand" you should read "Atlas Shrugged" and become one of those annoying Randians I'm sure I'll someday also become.

    Good job on the running though, next weekend I'm running the Country Music Half in Nashville, should be painfully awesome.

    ReplyDelete