Highway 23 Revisited

You don't need a weather man
To know which way the wind blows.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Green Day and the Grammys

So, 60 minutes into the Grammys and I have a few thoughts. Elton John singing a Lady Gaga song, classic. I watched the cast of "21 Guns - The Musical" perform with Green Day. When I was younger, Green Day was a punk band that played three chords and sang 2.5 minute songs, like "Basket Case", "SHE", "Geek Stink Breath", and "Minority". Then earlier this decade they released "American Idiot" and became political. Which is totally their right to do. I mean the main purpose of celebrity is to push beliefs out to us unfortunate middle-Americans. It is totally my right to take "Dookie" off my playlist, as well. I just wonder if they were up there singing the cast of "21 Guns - The Musical" and thinking, "Dude, we just totally sold out." Also, what's up Beyonce singing "You Oughtta Know" without Alanis Morissette? The Black Eyed Pea's performance made me miss the movie "Tron". Lucky for all of us, it will be re-made this year. Fergie's hot, but she's no Denise from Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment